Christmas is my favorite holiday! I love to get together with family, make and enjoy festive food, and give gifts! It's fun to be creative and try to find that perfect something that will make someone's day. There are some specialized items that those of us on the SCD would really enjoy, so I put together a list of some of my favorites (and some that I hope to receive one day!). So whether you're giving to an SCD cook, or you're wracking your brain for items to ask for, I hope this gift guide will enhance your Christmas celebrations!
1. Do you have a child who is on the SCD? This darling kids' chef set would be fun! If they learn to enjoy cooking SCD foods, they will be more likely to enjoy eating them too. The cookie cutters could be used to make legal Jello shapes or cute SCD sandwiches.
2. Having a countertop ice cream maker is so handy! I use mine pretty often and my whole family enjoys recipes like Coconut Date Ice Cream, Pumpkin Ice Cream, or a very Christmas-y flavored Nutmeg Ice Cream. Once you pour your ingredients in, the ice cream is ready in about 20-30 minutes. A plus is that our SCD ice cream recipes are as healthy as they are delicious.
3. A good cookbook holder with splatter guard is a useful gift and one of those things that we might not pamper ourselves with.
4. A creative travel mug is a pleasant way to sweeten everyday life. The fun design and porcelain material make my favorite cup of tea feel luxurious when I'm on the go.
5. Have you tried the Yonanas Frozen Treat Maker yet?? In warm weather it is my favorite go-to dessert. Just add frozen speckled bananas and frozen fruit of your choice, and you can have a variety of healthy, yummy frozen "ice cream" that your whole family will love.
6. My mom loves her electric water kettle! It provides hot water quickly and easily and can boil 1 1/2 liters at a time.
7. I love having three of these jars on hand for my two yogurt makers. That way, I can make one more batch ahead of time when I have eaten my first jar of yogurt. I also prefer glass jars so I avoid any chemicals that might leach out of the plastic containers when they warm up.
8. These individual condiment sauce cups are so versatile and useful. I use them all the time to keep things neat on a plate, my kids' snacks, or as a dipping container. I gave them to my mother-in-law a few years ago and she loves them.
9. Twinings Decaffeinated black tea is now my go-to tea, sweetened with honey. The flavor is so rich and deep. I feel like I'm treating myself every time I open one of the thick red packets. This pack of 6 would be nice.
10. A unique mixing bowl and whisk like this one would be a nice indulgence for someone who uses their kitchen a lot.
11. Interesting measuring spoons like these.
12. This stackable mixing bowl, prep bowls, and measuring set would be a great gift for a newer cook or someone who has less space in their kitchen.
13. Another fun set of measuring spoons - try these carved wooden ones!
14. This yogurt cheese maker adds something new to the SCD, because you can make the thickened yogurt into dips and spreads by adding spices, green onions, etc., or you can use it as a substitute for mayonnaise, sour cream, and cream cheese. Also use it for any recipe that calls for dripped yogurt.
15. Larabars are such a great snack on-the-go! This three-flavor pack of legal bars would be a great stocking-stuffer!
Hi! I'm Erin from NoMoreCrohns.com... My Crohn's has been in complete remission while following the SCD for 13 years! What is everyday life like for me? Stop by for glimpses into my healthy life full of my husband, kids, shopping, cooking, homeschool, and the constant search for SCD-friendly foods!
Note: Some of the posts on Visits with Erin may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on the link and purchase an item, I will receive a small commission, but the price you pay for whatever you purchase remains the same. When you shop through those links you help support NoMore-Crohns. Please be assured I only recommend products I believe will add value to my readers.