Since starting this website in 2007, I have loved answering hundreds (thousands?) of questions about the SCD via email. It is a joy to help others find great health on the SCD!
While there is a lot of information on this website, you may need some extra help from a seasoned SCD veteran who can review your diet personally, give you tips and ideas about your particular situation, and encourage you along the way.
For this reason, I am thrilled to have more time in my schedule to offer you in-depth help through Dietary Email Consultations. Click here to learn more.
Some tips to help you...
1. If you ever wonder why you're still having symptoms, going over a list of everything you're eating can be very helpful in determining whether something illegal accidentally slipped into your diet, or if you're not reacting well to a legal food and will need to try it again after you're more well-healed.
2. Always double-check whether what you're eating is legal by referring to the official SCD website's Legal/Illegal list.
3. If you wonder whether ingredients in a supplement are legal, please refer to this handy chart. Please also see this page on my website about supplements.
4. Sticking to the diet 100% is essential to success on the SCD, so be very vigilant about making sure everything you're eating is legal before deciding the diet isn't working! It's amazing how just a tiny illegal can cause big issues!
5. For a sample letter you could use to write to a food manufacturer asking about ingredients, click here.
6. Keep in mind that our e-magazines, I Want To THRIVE, are a great resource with articles on many areas of interest. They are designed to encourage you, give you great new recipes, answer your questions, and help you enjoy life and thrive!